We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Oakbank Animal Hospital in Oakbank, Manitoba
Oakbank Birds Hill Animal Hospital has been serving the pets and people in the rural municipality of Springfield and surrounding areas for over 30 years. Dr. Neil Charnock and Dr. Catharine Moir established the hospital in 1988. Our team provides companion animal medicine and surgery to dogs, cats, rabbits, pocket pets, equine and hobby farm animals.
In April 2012, we built a beautiful 4300 square foot stand-alone building on the edge of town to better serve our valued clients and their pets. This new facility provides our patients with state-of-the-art veterinary equipment such as in-house laboratory equipment, digital X-rays, ultrasound and a dental suite. The hospital offers surgical expertise by a board-certified surgeon. Dermatology consultations and allergy tests are also available by a board-certified dermatologist.
At Oakbank Animal Hospital, we provide 24-hour after-hours emergency care for our regular clients. As a dedicated team comprised of veterinarians, registered veterinary technologists, veterinary assistants, veterinary receptionists, a practice manager and a kennel manager, we take great pride in serving our clients and their beloved pets!
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 204-444-3615. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 7:30 am - 6:00 pm. Saturday: 8:00 am - 2:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.